Katahdin

Katahdin
Aug 17 2010 - End of Part 1

Monday, May 10, 2010

10 April Sunday. Zero day (waiting for pack)

My new pack arrived - but not early enough to leave today.  It is a GraniteGear Nimbus Meridian, like the one in the picture, only burnt orange iso blue.  I have almost all of my gear in it.  It feels a 1000% better.  I am very happy with it.  Thanks again to Rich (Rockfish Gap Outfitters in Waynesboro, VA) for advising me to get this pack, adjusting it, and sending it UPS so we could continue our trip.

I think my new shoes are going to be fine.  I have been wearing them and they feel good so far.  I never would have bought GoLite shoes normally but they were my best choice at Edge of the Woods Outfitters here in DWG (and they were on sale).  There was no time to have Rich send another package.

Wendy' hiking poles were also repaired at Edge of the Woods Outfitters.  They will be driving us to the AT in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment