Katahdin

Katahdin
Aug 17 2010 - End of Part 1

Friday, July 16, 2010

16 July - Zero day, Royalty Inn, Gorham, NH

Low 80s.  Threatened rain most of the day but that is OK because we had an indoor and outdoor pool.  And a hot tub and a sauna. These were all medically necessary after completing the Whites.

Correction!  We learned today from Snowman (a NOBO from Maine) that we really haven't finished the Whites, just the park.  The White Mountains extend into southern Maine.  We may have to celebrate again.

Anyway, we had a good rest and therapy (I have been to the indoor pool and health club three times and the outdoor pool twice).  We also went to Walmart to resupply and to the local outfitters.   I now have my fourth pair of shoes for this trip.  The sole was coming apart on the Keens I just brought in Hanover.   I now have another pair of Merrells.

Tomorrow it is back to the trail and Sunday we should cross into Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment